The Stillwater Ice Castles officially open at 3 p.m. today in Lowell Park.
Ice Castles LLC crews have been working on the winter wonderland for a couple of months, placing individual icicles into place and using a combination of water, ice and snow to sculpt it into a majestic, glacier-like castle.
Ice Castle Hours
The ice castle is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3 – 9 p.m.; Friday from 3 – 10 p.m.; Saturday from noon – 10 p.m.; and Sunday from noon – 8 p.m. The ice castle is closed on Tuesdays.
- General Admission (12+): $9.95
- Child (4-11): $6.95
Standby, At-the-Door Tickets:
- General Admission (12+): $18
- Child (4-11): $12
When you buy a ticket, you are buying an arrival window, according to the Ice Castles LLC website. “For example, if you buy a ticket from 7 – 7:30 p.m., we plan on you arriving between 7 and 7:30 p.m. If you arrive before 7 p.m., you will need to wait till 7 p.m. to enter. If you arrive late, then you’ll have to wait and you may lose your ticket.”
Once inside the Ice Castles, you can stay as long as you’d like (until closing time). If Ice Castle tickets are sold out online, standby tickets are not available.
Tips for a Great Experience
- Wear Boots: The walking surface inside of the Ice Castles is made of crushed ice. Walking in boots is definitely best.
- Save some trees: When you buy your tickets online we’ll send you an email with a unique QR code, so there’s no need to print your tickets. We can scan the code right from your phone.
- Photos are encouraged, but leave photography equipment such as tripods and lights at home.
- Bring a sled: We HIGHLY recommend bringing a small sled to pull children instead of a stroller. It is extremely difficult to push the stroller through the castle (think of it like trying to push a stroller through a sandy beach).
- Dress warm: Dress like you are going to experience the elements. We recommend layering clothing as well as hats, mittens, jacket and snow pants.
Want more local stuff?
Stillwater Current is on a mission to spread local news.
If you like what you see, try our daily email.