An early morning fire damaged the Patriots Tavern on Sunday.
No injuries were reported, but the restaurant will be closed for a few days while repairs are made, according the Patriots Tavern Facebook page.
“Friends we will unfortunately be closed for a couple of days due to an outside fire at the restaurant. It happened after hours and no one was harmed thankfully.
The linen & towel storage bin caught fire and damaged our walk-in cooler amongst a few other minor things. Thank you to the patron who was passing by late at night and called it in. The Fire Dept was on the scene within minutes and saved the building from having any real damage.
We will keep you all posted as to our reopen date and celebrate with a keg release party of our first house-made beer, “Patriot Pilsner!”
Thank you all for your support and understanding. We have the best staff anyone could hope for, and the greatest patrons. We truly have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. Here’s to hoping we can get this cooler fixed up quickly. Cheers.”
Stillwater firefighters responded to a structure fire early Sunday morning at 145 at the Patriots Tavern. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and limit extensive damage to the building.
The Stillwater Fire Department was assisted on the scene by Stillwater Police, Lakeview Health Emergency Medical Services, Bayport Fire Department, MN and Mahtomedi Fire Department.