Firefighters Called to Fan Motor Fire in Air Exchange System of Century Link Building

 

Stillwater Firefighters were called to a fire alarm in the Century Link Phone building in the 300 block of South Second Street Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called at 9:49 a.m. April 19, with the first engine arriving on scene two minutes later, Stillwater Fire Capt. Chad Jansen said. When firefighters arrived, an employee in the building said smoke was coming from a room in the basement where numerous batteries and other unknown hazards were located.

Fire crews entered the building and found a “moderate smoke condition” on the lower level with no active fire, Jansen said. After investigating the source of the smoke, crews found a motor on the air exchange system that had started on fire.

The fire did not extend to the structure, but firefighters remained on scene to ventilate smoke form the building.

There were no injuries.

Want more local stuff?

Stillwater Current is on a mission to spread local news. 

If you like what you see, try our daily email.