There are many openings and new closures that will kick off the fall construction season for the St. Croix River Crossing Project.
Here are the details, according to MnDOT:
A portion of the North Frontage Road and Oakgreen Avenue will close after the new Greeley Street intersection reopens. At this point, all of the changes are scheduled for Friday, Oct. 3, weather permitting.
Oldfield Ave/S. Frontage Road intersection closure
- The intersection of Oldfield Avenue and the South Frontage Road is scheduled to close Monday, Sept. 29 through Saturday, Oct. 4, weather permitting, while crews complete utility work at the intersection.
- Access to residences will be available at all times by following the posted detour using Osgood Avenue, Upper 56th and 57th streets.
Greeley Street reopens Oct. 3
- Greeley Street is currently closed between the North Frontage Road and Curve Crest Boulevard for city of Stillwater watermain work. During this closure, crews also have been completing construction on the new alignment of the Greeley Street-Highway 36 intersection for the MnDOT project.
- The new alignment of Greeley Street is farther east than the current Greeley Street location. It is scheduled to reopen to traffic on Friday, Oct. 3, weather permitting.
North Frontage Road closes west of Greeley St Oct. 3
- The North Frontage Road between Industrial Boulevard and Greeley Street is scheduled to close beginning Friday, Oct. 3, through November, weather permitting. The posted detour will use Washington Ave and Curve Crest Boulevard.
- Local business access will be available at all times.
- This closure is required for crews to construct the new location of the North Frontage Road between Industrial Avenue and Greeley Street.
- Upon completion of the new North Frontage Road alignment, crews will paint the lane designations on the entire stretch of the North Frontage Road from Northwestern to Osgood Avenue.
Here’s a map:
Oakgreen Avenue closure begins Oct. 3
- Oakgreen Avenue is scheduled close to through traffic for 25 days between the South Frontage Road and 58th St. N. beginning Oct. 3, weather permitting. Local residence and business access will be available at all times. The posted detour will direct motorists to use the S. Frontage Road, Norell Ave. and 58th St. N. Here’s a map.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on the S. Frontage Road will flow normally. This closure is required for crews to complete deep utility work and road reconstruction.
Here’s a map:
If weather conditions are not compliant for these changes to occur on Oct. 3, they will be pushed to Saturday, Oct. 4 or the week of Oct. 6, according to MnDOT. Watch signage for any date changes.
Typical work hours are Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Overnight work for these road closures is not anticipated. The South Frontage Road is scheduled to be complete in late-October, weather permitting. There may be some overnight work occurring in this area.
Here’s a look at September construction pics, courtesy of MnDOT:
Want more local stuff?
Stillwater Current is on a mission to spread local news.
If you like what you see, try our daily email.