You can enjoy Washington County Parks for free on Explore Your Parks Day.
Washington County is waiving the vehicle fee to all county parks on Saturday, June 6. That means you can bike, hike, fish, run, swim, geocache, take in local wildlife and visit playgrounds for free.
Here’s a list of events happening on Explore Your Parks Day:
- Big Marine Park Reserve Picnic Shelter 3-4:15 p.m.: Turtle Trek and Tunnel Talk led by the Minnesota Herpetological Society and the Washington Conservation District; 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Campfire Program.
- Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park Fishing Pier 9 a.m.-noon: Fishing with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resource; 1-2 p.m.: Pond Dipping for Micro Invertebrates.
- Hardwood Creek Regional Trail Green Travel along converted railroad connecting communities of Hugo, Forest Lake and Wyoming.
- Lake Elmo Park Reserve 10 a.m.-noon: Introduction to Archery by A-1 Archery at the archery range; 1-3 p.m.: Bicycle Safety Rodeo hosted by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at the Eagle Point Parking Lot. Contact Deputy Matt O’Hara for details at 651-430-7824; 7:15 p.m.: Campfire Program on the Kestrel presented by Warner Nature Center.
- Lake Elmo Nordic Center 10 a.m.-noon: Natural Resources Open House; 10:15-10:30 a.m.: Natural Resources Management Plan Talk; 10:30-10:45 a.m.: Ground/Surface Water Talk; 11 a.m.-noon: Natural Resources Guided Hike; 12-3 p.m.: Leave No Trace activities and s’mores.
- Point Douglas Park noon-3 p.m.: Standup Paddleboarding Demonstration.
- Square Lake Park 9-10:15 a.m.: Introduction to Standup Paddleboarding by Brown Dog Paddleboard Co.; registration is required, call 651-430-8200.
- St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Guided Bird Hike, meet at Hilltop Shelter Lot; 7:15 p.m. Campfire Program by Wildlife Science Center on Raptors at Outdoor Amphitheater.
- Washington County Historic Courthouse 10:45 a.m.: exhibit and guided tour.
Camping is available at Lake Elmo Park Reserve and St Croix Bluffs Regional Park.
Want more local stuff?
Stillwater Current is on a mission to spread local news.
If you like what you see, try our daily email.