- The director is responsible to the Board of Directors of the Greater Stillwater Area Chamber of Commerce for the overall management of the Chamber’s operations, including financial, programming, events, interpretation of policy, membership, supervision of staff and providing direction and motivation of volunteers.
- Ability to work side-by-side and hands-on constructively and harmoniously with Chamber staff, committee members and the Chamber Board to construct and achieve common goals for the betterment of community.
- The courage and fortitude to inspire others and to command the respect of business and community members to worthwhile initiatives sponsored by the Chamber, and to motivate others to resolve community problems.
- Provide leadership toward the achievement of the Greater Stillwater Area Chamber of Commerce mission statement and strategic goals.
- Undergraduate degree, US Chamber Institute program graduate, or five years chamber or non-profit experience.
- Business and work experience that enables the exercising of sound judgment in considering the issues of the community as related to the overall business plan.
- Experience leading in a small business environment, including bookkeeping and supervisory duties.
- Experience planning and running events.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively with the public and an understanding of the political environment of a multi city chamber to build effective working relationships with various entities.
- Be a hands-on worker as well as effective collaborator
- Strong team leader with excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, QuickBooks, Chamber Master database.
Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The above is not a detailed description of every duty of the position, for more detail job description email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply: Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by December 20, 2015.