Update: St. Croix Boat and Packet are taking reservations for the July paddleboat tours of the St. Croix River Crossing construction.
St. Croix Boat and Packet will offer the tours from the end of May through mid-September this year.
These tours will sell out quickly, so if you’d like to see the river crossing construction close up, book your tour soon.
The tours offer a close-up view of the construction along with an opportunity for the public to ask questions and learn what it takes to build the new bridge.
The new river crossing is on schedule to open by fall 2016.
The 2015 St. Croix Crossing tour schedule dates are:
- Wednesday, May 27 from 12:30-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 27 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, May 30 from 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 17 from 12:30-2 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20 from 9-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, July 18 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 22 from 12:30-2 p.m.
- Wed. July 22 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 15 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19 from 12:30-2 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 19 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 12:30-2 p.m.
Tours cost $10 for adults; $6 for kids 4-12; and kids ages 3 and younger are free.
You can book a tour by calling the St. Croix Boat and Packet office at 651-430-1234. Food will not be served on the boat. There will be a cash bar. To reserve a seat on the tour, pre-pay with a credit card, and arrive 30 minutes prior to the cruise.
Want more local stuff?
Stillwater Current is on a mission to spread local news.
If you like what you see, try our daily email.